MARQ Packaging Systems has recently made a few upgrades to its HPE220 line of machines. Since we continuously strive to manufacture the best piece of equipment these upgrades may seem minor; but in reality, they help make the machine more adaptable and more reliable.
One noticeable change is a newly designed minor flap folder that’s 75% lighter while allowing for more flap contact than previous versions. Also among the more noticeable changes is the new lower frame. The newer section of frame has been symmetrically braced to increase stability and mobility.
New enhancements include:
- Hopper Shuttle - Designed with a much simpler approach. Overall life span of the part has been extended by removing unnecessary moving parts and strengthening others making it more robust.
- Leading Minor Folder - Sheet metal and UHMW construction make this new design over 75% lighter, and much more durable than previous models. It also allows the kicker to have better minor flap contact and is non-marking.
- Structure - Changes to the lower half of the machine enhance over-all stability and mobility. By symmetrically cross bracing the frame, the overall frame has become more rigid
- Bottom Vacuum Cup - The cup has been redesigned to minimize moving parts effectively extending its life. This also leads to quicker change-over due to adjustments being relocated for convenience.
- Hopper Adjustments - Aluminum guide blocks were exchanged for a UHMW block and the aluminum gear case was replaced with a machined gear case. These offer smoother operation and longer life.
- Guarding Package - Operator side guarding has been extended beyond the tape head. Access door was increased to facilitate faster change-overs and maintenance.
**Extended discharge guarding now available.
- Set-Up Arm - Setup arm cylinder was up sized to a 2.5” bore. This provides a smoother, more positive motion.
- *Low Tape / No Tape - The fragile fiber optic photo sensors are no longer required on case erectors. Added cut outs to the tape roll support plate and program changes all low us to use photo eyes that are less prone to damage.
Posted April 25, 2013
Our first Our first experience with MARQ solutions was with a HPA(RH)C Case Sealer we purchased in 1999. We have had such excellent service from this machine that our Mississippi plant purchased another one for their plant. They had also already purchased a HPE-NS Case Erector Bottom Sealer and had also had excellent service from it. Our decision to purchase the Case Erector was based upon the reliability of the MARQ equipment that we had already purchased and their ability to perform in a very hostile packaging environment such as ours and to standardize our equipment.
-Edwin R., Oil-Dri Corp. of Georgia